Thursday 21 February 2013

[Lovers India] Fwd: Bengal...... (just for fun)!

Hi friends,

 

I share here a post I read recently.  It's absolutely for fun... there is not even an iota of intention to hurt anybody... just read, Laugh, if u feel so... else just delete... this is worth only that much, nothing more, please.

 

Something about Bengal in the eyes of an outsider: (in Bengal for a short-while)

 

 

1. Names are easy to remember (!) here. Half the persons are Bose or Das the remaining are Banerjee or Chatterjee.

2. Foot path is for hawkers. If possible, you can walk also.

3. All trees are occupied by chai wala or kali madha.

5. State hobby is spitting. They spit, Spit and SPIT. You must wear a rain coat while crossing buses. If fine for spitting is implemented, Mamta can give loan to Centre.

6. Offices start as early as 12 pm. Some people come early at 11.55 am. Besides talking about football and politics, if possible, they work also and leave around 4 pm onwards. In between they take 4 tea breaks and 3 snack breaks. Each office has 3 unions and elections are conducted every year for 11 months. 

7. Bengalis eat sweets for food. If you know to make rasagulla and jilabi, come here. You can make a killing.

8. As the British forgot to take the Tram, it is still running on the roads without passengers.

9. When people gets bored, they hold a festival. You can see 10 poojas in 5 months stay.

10. 'Mangal Sutra", the instrument in which the south film industry hangs on, is not found here. If u happen to enquire your bengali friend, he may not turn to you again. Curiosity may kill a friendship.

11. Jasmine and Kanahambaram are not seen this part of the earth. No lady seems to wear any flower. For that sake, they don't tie their hair even. 

12. As Bengal has got independence, no bengali talks softly here. They only shout.

 

13. Bengalis talk, talk and talk. It's a wonder how they remain without talking for one and half years after birth! In talking, our bengali friends can beat women with hands down.

14. Th
ey talk so loud that as days go by, we may hear echoes. Once I told my boss not to tell me twice.

15. Last week, when my colleagues were discussing some secret matter slowly, I attended a phone call from my wife. My wife immediately asked me "What are you doing in the railway station?"

16. Here tea is served in mud pots. When I asked a chai wala about it, he explained me for five minutes why it is hygiene and how it will not burn my lips. He was right. I burnt my lips.

17. Roads are always crowded. Everyone on the road runs literally. I wonder where? If you have to ask for direction, you have to jog alongwith them. I don't know why they could not produce good athletes. Still I found out the secret for their energy. Many always have two wires through their ears connected to phone.

18. Bengalis G.K is very good. When I asked for direction to East, twice they sent me towards west. As they are aware that the earth is round, they were sure that I will reach east invariably.

19. They are very proud people. When they collide with you on the road on step on you in the bus, they will never tell sorry. They feel it is their fundamental right.

20. 2 lakh people are boarding and lodging in the foot paths. No rent, no power, no free space and no hygiene. If you dare to ask them what hygiene is, they will tell it as a new brand of jeans.

21. Buildings are as old as Santa Claus. Seriously if an earth quake epicenters in Kolkata, half the city will be wiped out in seconds. It would be a better idea to move to foot path.

22. Certain areas are famous for pick pockets. If I happen to touch hands with others, I count and check my fingers.

23. Anyhow Kolkata changed my selfish nature. Earlier I wanted to work in my home state alone. Now I am ready to work any where other than Kolkata!

 

 

No offence ... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Lovers India" group.
To post to this group, send email to loversindia@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
loversindia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.co.in/group/loversindia
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Lovers India" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to loversindia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment