Sunday 26 August 2012

Re: [Lovers India] The Stranger

Super

On Aug 23, 2012 5:33 PM, "sathya n rao" <kgsnrao@gmail.com> wrote:
Very nice and moral story ,that every one should understand that the impact of
modern facilities usage

On 8/21/12, BROKEN HEART <nocure4brokenheart@gmail.com> wrote:
>   The Stranger *
>
> A few years after I was born, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our
> small Texas town.  From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this
> enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family.  The
> stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.
>
> As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family.  In my young mind,
> he had a special niche.  My parents were complementary instructors: Mom
> taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey.  But the stranger...he
> was our storyteller.  He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with
> Adventures, mysteries and comedies.
> If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always
> knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed
> able to predict the future!  He took my family to the first major league
> ball game.  He made me laugh, and he made me cry.  The stranger never
> stopped. Talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.
> Sometimes, Mom would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each
> other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for
> peace and quiet. (I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to
> leave.)
>
> Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger
> never felt obligated to honor them.  Profanity, for example, was not
> allowed in our home... Not from us, our friends or any visitors.  Our
> longtime visitor, however, got away with four letter words that burned my
> ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush.  My Dad didn't permit the
> liberal use of alcohol.  But the stranger encouraged us to try it on a
> regular Basis.  He made cigaretres look cool, cigars manly and pipes
> distinguished.
> He talked freely (much too freely!) about sex.  His comments were sometimes
> blatart, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing.
>
> I now understand that my early concepts about relationships were influenced
>   strongly by the stranger.  Time after time, he opposed the values of my
> parents, yet he was seldom rebuked... And NEVER asked to leave.
> More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our
> family.  He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was
> at first.  Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would
> still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to
> him talk and watch him draw his pictures.
>
> His name?=.... .. .
>
>
>
> We just call him 'TV.'
>
> *
> **
> **
> *He has a wife now....We call her 'Computer.'
> *
>
> EVERY  INVENTION  HAS  ITS  DRAWBACKS.   ONE  SHOULD  KNOW  THE  LIMITS
> AND  THEN  NO  HARM  WILL  B  DONE............
>
> --
> --
> Join my group on *http://goo.gl/yuW1y*
>
> I Send emails to spread the message WE ARE HUMANS AND WE NEED LOVE, SPREAD
> THE LOVE.......
>
>
> If you dont want to receive ma mails do send me an email with the subject
> UNSUBSCRIBE to stop receiving ma mails. Am no way here to disturb anyone.
>
>
> *BROKEN HEART
> nocure4brokenheart@gmail.com
> *
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Lovers India" group.
> To post to this group, send email to loversindia@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> loversindia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/loversindia
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Lovers India" group.
To post to this group, send email to loversindia@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
loversindia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.co.in/group/loversindia

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Lovers India" group.
To post to this group, send email to loversindia@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
loversindia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.co.in/group/loversindia

No comments:

Post a Comment